Write a review
- 1/2 lb of white bread
- 2 c milk
- 3/4 c white sugar for caramelizing baking pan
- 4 eggs
- 1 c sugar
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp dry white cooking wine
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 c raisins
- 1/2 c toasted almonds
- 1 tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut bread up into small chunks and soak in a large bowl with the milk.
- Make the caramel by placing 3/4 cup of sugar in a small sauce pan and cooking it slowly over medium heat, stirring constantly until thoroughly melted. Transfer the caramel to a baking mold large enough to hold 6 cups of liquid, and carefully coat the bottom and a bit of the sides of the mold. The baking pan may get hot while doing this so you may want to use towels or silicone grips to do this.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with 1 cup of sugar, butter, and cooking wine.
- Add nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla, almond extract, the soaked bread, raisins and almonds(which have been dusted with the flour separately).
- Pour this mixture into the baking mold and place inside a larger pan, like a roasting pan with high walls, and fill the roasting pan with water until the water is level with the top of the pudding mixture.
- Bake for two hours or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Let the mold cool down fully before removing from the mold or it will separate/break apart.
Cooking in Cuban https://cookingincuban.com/