Roast Pork - Lechon Asado
A Christmas eve staple!
Write a review
5 hr 30 min
5 hr 30 min
- 6-8 lb pork shoulder roast
- 1 small yellow onion
- 20 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 and 1/2 cups sour orange juice. If you can't get sour orange juice in your area, use two parts orange to one part lemon and one part lime.
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 and 1/2 cups olive oil
- 1 small bottle of Goya or La Lechonera mojo marinade(but fresh is best!)
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients above and blend well.
- Pierce the pork as many times as you can with a sharp knife or fork.
- Pour garlic mixture (save a little for roasting) over pork, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place pork, fat side up, in an open roasting pan. Cover with a sliced yellow onion.
- Use a turkey baster to squeeze leftover marinade over pork and baste at least once per hour with the juices in the roasting pan.
- Cook for an hour per pound. Remove pork from oven when a meat thermometer reads 155degrees.
- Immediately cover with foil and let rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Serve with yuca, white rice and black beans.
Cooking in Cuban https://cookingincuban.com/